Monday, March 16, 2015

Finding Time

People think that you need to have a lot of time available in order to write. Really, you don't. You can even just write a word or two every few days and be fine. I'm only going to say one thing: find time to write.
Personally, during a busy school day, I write during my lunch break. I'm great at multiple-tasking, so I take advantage of that when it comes to writing. When I'm not in class or doing homework, I'm typically writing. 
Why?
Well, I've set that time aside specifically for my writing. And, sometimes, I don't always get to write every single day. And that's fine. You don't have to write every single day. That's what's great about it. Your novel's/poem's/short story's feelings won't be hurt because you left it alone for one day. 
That's what I love about writing. 
It's not needy. It doesn't need your constant attention. You can put it down and come back at a later date. Your work doesn't care. It will wait for you for as long as it needs to. It understands that you need some alone time. It understands that you're busy. It understands that you'll come back when you're ready. And it's fine abiding those rules. It'll be there for you whenever you're reading to come back to it. 
So, simply out, just find time at some point. It doesn't have to be right this minute, not this hour, not today, not even tomorrow. It can wait for as long as you need it to. When you find time for it, it will be ready for you. Keep it waiting or don't. Either way, you're fine, and it's fine, too. 
As long as you find time for it before you get bored of it, you'll do great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment