Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Knowing People

In any career, it's always good to know the right people. Personally, I know a lot of people that use a lot of technology. These people are close friends, family, and teachers. These people help me gain publicity. I'm not asking them to do it, but they do it anyway. It helps a lot more than you may think.
In writing, this is good. Especially when you're self-publishing. When you self-publish, you're in charge of your own advertising. You don't have a big publisher or an agent to do it for you. It's up to you. Having people that are willing to help with that is amazing. Writer's blogs, technology conferences, technology blogs, Twitter, Facebook… whichever. I've been advertised by these people on many different devices. My English teacher helped me get an interview for the newspaper.
Long story short, avoid getting on someone's bad side. You never know when you might need their help.

No comments:

Post a Comment